0
Former Nigerian top fashion and photography model, Yemi Fawaz, who made headlines in the 90s, says at 61, she can't get married to a man who is not financially buoyant. In a recent interview with The Sun, Yemi, who ended her career as a model in 1997 after relocating to the US with her daughter Tobi, says she was never married to a billionaire as was speculated after her relocation.


"There was a rumour that I was married to a white billionaire, but I won’t marry out of Christ. If I don’t meet a born again Christian, I don’t think I will marry. Don’t forget that age doesn’t really count before God, before God there is no age. The bible says a thou­sand years before God is like a year. That means God doesn’t work with age. Sarah had a baby at 70+ and at that time Sarah had reached menopause but God gave her a baby. There is nothing God cannot do if God really says I’m going to be married. If I’m going to be married, the man must be a free-hearted man like me, who loves people, who is ready to use his money to help people. I give God all the glory that I have never been married and I have never been divorced. But now, I’m married to Jesus. If the man comes, if he’s a good-hearted man, he must be rich too. At age 61 I can’t marry a poor man and I’m not a gold digger. I’ll tell him sweet­heart, can I have $5,000 and then he starts to ruffle through his pockets saying “No, I can afford that money”. A man can’t live off me. For me to marry a man and he’s living off me? No way. I’m not one of those women. The man will marry me. Not me to marry the man. But women of today they marry the man. That’s why women are not respected any longer. I won’t marry a man. The man will marry me, you will marry me with your money and with your love. Before I had my baby, maybe Tobi wouldn’t have come. If God converted me the way He converted me now, I would not have had a baby out of wedlock. But at that time, I was in the world, I didn’t know the difference. I was an unbeliever, I was a con­venient Christian in Africa where we have 2, 3 or 4, boyfriends at a time. If I was a Chris­tian then, it couldn’t have happened"she said

Post a Comment

 
Top